[okfn-discuss] Reminder (TOMORROW): Next Cambridge Open Knowledge Meetup: Friday 6th June 1830-2030 at Emmanuel College

Rufus Pollock rufus.pollock at okfn.org
Thu Jun 5 12:59:31 UTC 2008

Just a reminder that the next Cambridge Open Knowledge Meetup takes
place tomorrow at the Harrods Room in Emmanuel College. Since my
original email we've confirmed some specific presentations as follows:

* Christopher Burlinson, Emmanuel College, on digitizing early modern
texts from Cambridge college libraries.

* Matthew Brett, MRC CBU, on python, open source and open data in
Neuro-Imaging.

* Martin Brett, (TBC) Cambridge History Department, on the Ivo of
Chartres project, one of the first collaborative efforts to produce an
open edition of a medieval text.

* Martin Lucas-Smith and Simon Nuttall, Cambridge Cycling Campaign, on
cycle mapping (journey planner and photomap), OpenStreetMap and the two
national cycle mapping projects.

Please do circulate the event information to anyone you think might be
interested in coming along. Look forward to seeing people tomorrow.