[okfn-discuss] Licenses for open knowledge represented in triples

Sören Auer auer at informatik.uni-leipzig.de
Thu Mar 20 00:37:49 UTC 2008

Rufus Pollock wrote:
>   <http://triplify.org/>

Sure, sorry!

> You've got some complexities here. Though the triples themselves could
> be seen as data there might well be quite a lot of 'content' in there
> (text/images etc) that is copyrighted.

That's right, so I guess we would need three ways for annotation a
knowledge base with a license:

* an annotation for the whole kowledge base
* an annotation for all triples with a certain subject
* an annotation for an individual triple

I guess we will have to define some kind of vocabulary here for
attaching license information, something including a property "hasLicense".

> For ultraliberal you could try the ODC Public Domain Dedication and
> License (launched last saturday at OKCon [1]):

Ok, thanks - maybe we suggest this one as a default for Triplify.

Sören