[okfn-discuss] distributed FS

Rufus Pollock rufus.pollock at okfn.org
Thu May 1 18:47:42 UTC 2008

Dear Luis,

Really great you should mention this as I too came across allmydata just
a few weeks ago and even got it installed. I'd be really keen to start a
mini free/open data/services grid of some kind. This has been something
we've been thinking about more generally at the OKFN for quite some time
[1][2] and just a few weeks ago when Evan Prodromou asked about storing
distributed backups of vinisimo I noted the dearth of such facilities [3].

~rufus

[1]:<http://okfn.org/wiki/DataDistribution>
[2]:<http://okfn.org/wiki/ToolsWeNeed>
[3]:<http://lists.okfn.org/pipermail/okfn-discuss/2008-April/000807.html>