[okfn-discuss] Open Hardware

Jonathan Gray jonathan.gray at okfn.org
Sat May 10 20:58:09 UTC 2008

Many thanks for this Julian!

I'm still not clear on whether or not there are distinctive legal issues
that arise in relation to publishing prototypes, designs, etc. or
whether these are adequately covered by the GPL, or other
(interoperable) open licenses for text, images, and other aspects of the
designs that are copyrightable.

Perhaps it would help to draft a list of examples - I might suggest this
to the relevant lists (and cc correspondence here - if people think
that's appropriate!).

Also any advice for reading in this area would be much appreciated! (And
feel free to add stuff to the wiki page at
http://okfn.org/wiki/OpenHardware ...)

Jonathan