[okfn-discuss] Summer of Content 2009

Benj. Mako Hill mako at atdot.cc
Tue May 13 21:10:12 UTC 2008

<quote who="Evan Prodromou" date="Tue, May 13, 2008 at 04:52:39PM -0400">
> Hey, so, I'm looking for some college students to help out on a couple
> of Open Content projects (launching non-English versions of Vinismo and
> Keiki), and it got me thinking about a bigger kind of effort.
>
> What if students could get a stipend to work on Open Knowledge or Open
> Content projects on their summer off? They wouldn't need to have
> technical or programming skills -- editorial, graphical, video and other
> skills would be more relevant. Language, marketing and organizing skills
> would come in useful, too -- for projects like the wikis I mention above.
>
> It's waaaay too late to make this work for 2008, but it would be
> interesting to do for Summer 2009. It would probably be possible to get,
> say, $50K in donations and have 10 $5K stipends granted.

SJ Klein has been working on this as well.  You should talk. He's CCed
here.

Later,
Mako

--
Benjamin Mako Hill
mako at atdot.cc
http://mako.cc/

Creativity can be a social contribution, but only in so far
as society is free to use the results. --GNU Manifesto