[okfn-discuss] [Fwd: Nominations Open for the 2008 IP3 Awards]

Jonathan Gray jonathan.gray at okfn.org
Wed May 21 10:27:11 UTC 2008

Thought this might be of interest...

Jonathan

-------- Original Message --------

As you may know, each year, Public Knowledge selects three individuals
to receive the IP3 Awards. These winners are people who have advanced
the public interest in each of the three "IPs:" Intellectual Property,
Internet Protocol, and Information Policy.

Nominations for this year's winners are now open, and can be submitted
to IP3nominees at publicknowledge.org
<mailto:IP3nominees at publicknowledge.org>, via comments at
http://www.publicknowledge.org/node/1530
<http://publicknowledge.cmail4.com/l/410069/z1ijl1ll/www.publicknowledge.org/node/1530>,
or by replying to me directly.

With your nomination, please send us your reason, however brief, for
suggesting the individual and a means of contacting them. We will accept
anonymous nominations, but we'd like to be able to contact the
nominating parties in case we need further information. We need your
nominations by June 1st, 2008. IP3 Award winners will be invited to
attend the October 16, 2008 awards ceremony in Washington, DC.

Previous winners can be found at
http://www.publicknowledge.org/about/who/ip3
<http://publicknowledge.cmail4.com/l/410069/z1ijl1ll/www.publicknowledge.org/about/who/ip3>

We have a distinguished panel of judges who will be selecting our
winners from the list of nominees:

    * Jim Burger: Member, Dow Lohnes PLLC
    * Bruce Gottlieb: FCC Official
    * Kathleen Wallman: President, Wallman Consulting LLC
    * Jennifer Urban: Clinical Associate Professor, University of
      Southern California Law School; Visiting Professor, Stanford Law
      School
    * Richard Whitt: Washington Telecom and Media Counsel, Google
    * Tim Wu: Professor, Columbia Law School

We're looking forward to receiving your nominations,
Sherwin

--
Sherwin Siy
Staff Attorney