No subject

Tue Nov 18 15:29:54 UTC 2008

sort of service would require another service to be an open software
service?

If the answer is: a replica/derivative service, then we need 'strong' OSSD.

I can't think of what a 'weak' OSSD would support, except curiosity. As
software services are increasingly refactored into service dependencies,
most of a service will be implemented within its dependencies. So 'weak'
will over time tend to become 'almost entirely closed'.

Beyond replication, it would be useful to list some of the different
types of usage of an open software service, as defined by the OSSD.

But what is the OSSD actually for? (And is anybody currently using it?)

John.