[okfn-discuss] Open Sustainability event in SF, this weekend

Chris Watkins chriswaterguy at appropedia.org
Fri Oct 17 22:37:01 UTC 2008

This weekend there is an important event in knowledge sharing for
sustainability, in San Francisco and online:
*OSNCamp<http://opensustainabilitynetwork.org/>
* - the first gathering of the Open Sustainability Network:

Thousands of organizations and millions of people are currently working to
effectively tackle a set of profound global challenges through the creation,
adoption and commercialization of sustainable approaches and clean
technologies. Our efforts are fragmented. It is time to promote a culture of
working together while maintaining our own special niches by leveraging
shared and openly licensed solutions.

Join us for the first Open Sustainability Network unconference as we explore
free content and knowledge sharing in sustainability, international
development, appropriate technology and solutions to poverty.

Unfortunately, being a grassroots, unfunded event, we have not been able to
contact everyone we hoped to. If this is the first you've heard of it, we
apologize profusely! If you have heard, this is a reminder :-).

Please check it out, follow
*online<http://www.appropedia.org/OSNCamp_2008/OSNCamp_Online>
*, and if you happen to be in the area and available, it would be wonderful
It's free, and you can come for an hour or for the whole weekend.

And keep following after the conference - the conversations will continue.

*Register* <http://osncon.eventbrite.com/> (it's free)

OSN Homepage & conference links <http://opensustainabilitynetwork.org/>
Online <http://www.appropedia.org/OSNCamp_2008/OSNCamp_Online> (This page
will be updated as streaming details are worked out, but the IRC chatroom,
twitter, tagging and forum <http://www.globalswadeshi.net/> info is already
there now)

Hoping to see some Creative Commons folks online, and maybe even in person!

--
Chris Watkins (a.k.a. Chriswaterguy)

Appropedia.org - Sharing knowledge to build rich, sustainable lives.

blogs.appropedia.org

I like this: five.sentenc.es