[okfn-discuss] Open Software Service Definition

Thorsten Glaser tg at mirbsd.de
Mon Sep 1 05:46:25 UTC 2008

Dave Crossland dixit:

>the combined licenses list is an unambiguous way of
>describing what is and is not FOSS.

This is wrong: FOSS is much more than the licences whose submitters’
noses are pleasant to the OSI.

>By using boolean AND

I don’t disagree with the AND, I disagree with the OSI.

//mirabilos
--
Sometimes they [people] care too much: pretty printers [and syntax highligh-
ting, d.A.] mechanically produce pretty output that accentuates irrelevant