[okfn-discuss] Open Software Service Definition

Thorsten Glaser tg at mirbsd.de
Tue Sep 2 06:52:05 UTC 2008

Dave Crossland dixit:

>While I am no fan of the OSI, I think it is fair to say that they are
>very influential and most people refer to FOSS as OS.

Sure, but even the OSI themselves say that being OSI approved is only
a subclass of being OSD compliant Open Source (tm) software. They
admit to willingly not approve Open Source (tm) licences.

//mirabilos
--
Sometimes they [people] care too much: pretty printers [and syntax highligh-
ting, d.A.] mechanically produce pretty output that accentuates irrelevant