[okfn-discuss] Wired Business blog

Luis Villa luis at tieguy.org
Tue Sep 2 13:39:50 UTC 2008

On Tue, Sep 2, 2008 at 8:31 AM, Iain Emsley <print.crimes at yatterings.com> wrote:
> I wonder if the torrenting of text books might have been the final straw.

Nah, the final straw is that all their customers hate them for
producing something with very high costs and minimal incremental
value. They've been dead for a while- it was just a matter of time
before someone played the Haley Joel Osment role.

> I'll be curious to see how it pans out for both small and large companies.

There will be very few large companies left; the industry just got a
lot smaller.

Luis