[okfn-discuss] Open Software Service Definition

Thorsten Glaser tg at mirbsd.de
Wed Sep 3 10:36:03 UTC 2008

Dave Crossland dixit:

>Referring to approved license lists is unambiguous. When writing a
>definition that depends on other definitions, it is good to limit
>ambiguity.

1) The OSI list of approved licences is not a definition. The OSD is.

2) You have to weigh between ambiguity and the OSI's _admitted_ and
   _willingly_ done discrimination against licences with less (or
   less well-known) "community" (users, licence writers, etc).

I for one would advise to not follow OSI's discriminatory actions.

//mirabilos
--
Sometimes they [people] care too much: pretty printers [and syntax highligh-
ting, d.A.] mechanically produce pretty output that accentuates irrelevant