[okfn-discuss] Public Domain Works Database and Site Functioning Again

Rufus Pollock rufus.pollock at okfn.org
Mon Sep 15 17:03:31 UTC 2008

Unfortunately due to upgrades of the software on our server (Pylons) the
Public Domain Works DB site has been down for several months. Now,
thanks to recent coding efforts, it is back up with some early (1900s)
data from musicbrainz (we have an automated script that pulls data from
them ...):

   <http://db.publicdomainworks.net/>

At some point we should be looking to merge this with Open Libraries
efforts (we are already working together on PD calculators) though at
the moment they are rather focused on books while we are focused on
recordings.