[okfn-discuss] [Fwd: 2008 Nonprofit Software Development Summit - Call for Participants and Projects!]

Jonathan Gray jonathan.gray at okfn.org
Thu Sep 18 20:04:23 UTC 2008

Thought this could be of interest.

Jonathan

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: [opentranslation] 2008 Nonprofit Software Development Summit -
Call for Participants and Projects!
Date: Thu, 18 Sep 2008 11:03:54 -0700

Howdy OTT friends,

We're pulling together all the nonprofit/NGO-related open source
projects we know for the 2008 Nonprofit Software Development Summit here
in California. We would love to see lots of you here, and we'd be most
grateful if you spread the word by forwarding/blogging/re-posting!

thanks & peace,
gunner

2008 Nonprofit Software Development Summit -
Call for Participants and Projects!
November 17-19, Oakland, California

Are you a developer writing code to support nonprofit needs? Are you a
nonprofit user with strong opinions about what software you need
developed to empower your programs and operations?  Are you someone who
just cares about seeing better technology developed to address the broad
range of issues we face as a global community?

The 2008 Nonprofit Software Development Summit will provide a highly
collaborative environment in which to discuss who's creating what and
what is still needed in the realm of nonprofit software. And if you're
building innovative tools for the sector and have learnings to share,
we'd love to invite you to facilitate a session around your area of
passion and focus.

The Summit will take place November 17-19 in Oakland, California. Like
the first Dev Summit in 2007, it will offer a unique and powerful
opportunity for those building software tools and web applications for
nonprofits and social justice causes to meet, share knowledge, and find
common ground for collaboration, code sharing, and interoperability.

Complete event and registration info can be found at

http://www.aspirationtech.org/events/devsummit08

As with all Aspiration events, the agenda will be extremely
participant-driven, developed in collaboration with participants and
facilitators.

Confirmed agenda partners include Blue Oxen Associates, Brattleboro
Technology Collective, Chandler, Change.org, Chicago Technology
Cooperative, CiviCRM, Craigslist Foundation, DemocracyInAction, Drupal,
Floatleft, Joomla!, MAPLight, Nonprofit Open Source Initiative (NOSI),
The Open Planning Project, PICnet, Radical Designs, Salesforce.com
Foundation, SproutBuilder, and United States Institute of Peace.

Complete event and registration info can be found at

http://www.aspirationtech.org/events/devsummit08

We hope to see many of you in Oakland in November! And we'll be sending
out more updates as the agenda develops.

thanks & peace,
gunner