[okfn-discuss] [Event] Linked Data Meetup London, September 9th

Georgi Kobilarov georgi.kobilarov at gmx.de
Fri Aug 7 10:57:10 UTC 2009

Hi all,

We felt that it's time again to bring the Linked Data community together to
an event with talks, demos, discussions and free beer.

The Meetup will take place in London on September 9th, please see
http://www.meetup.com/Web-Of-Data/calendar/11056905/ for more details.

This meetup is for people who are interested in learning about Linked Data
on the Web, people working on making data available on the web, people
building infrastructure and applications for the Web of Data, and people who
are interested in how to apply Linked Data technologies within their
enterprises.

During the day there will be a broad range of talks. We currently have talks
from the BBC, DBpedia, Garlik, HP Labs, Talis, and many more on the
programme, and we are looking for more people interested in giving a talk or
demonstration. If you're interested, please send us an email.

Bar opens at 6pm (free bar) and Tom Heath 'Linked Data the story so far'
plus special guests. Food will be available (small cost).

The detailed programme for the day will be available soon.

We are putting our price money for best semweb-in-use paper at ESWC2009
behind the bar, and since it probably wont be enough to buy all of you free
beer, our friends at Talis were so kind to agree to sponsor the day and are
putting more money behind the bar!

Very looking forward to seeing you all in London,

Georgi Kobilarov (Freie Universität Berlin)
Silver Oliver (BBC London)

--
Georgi Kobilarov
Freie Universtität Berlin