[okfn-discuss] Open data in Sweden

Jonathan Gray jonathan.gray at okfn.org
Wed Aug 19 19:06:23 UTC 2009

On Wed, Aug 19, 2009 at 10:03 AM, Peter Krantz<peter.krantz at gmail.com> wrote:
> Since launching http://www.opengov.se/ (in swedish - sorry) I have
> been contacted by various agencies with questions on how to proceed
> with open data initiatives.

Dear Peter,

This looks like a fantastic initiative and we'd love to blog about it
on the Open Knowledge Foundation blog (blog.okfn.org)! Any further
background information about the site, as well as relevant URLs
(press, interviews, history...) would be much appreciated.

I've added a package for this to CKAN, a registry of open data:

  http://ckan.net/package/read/se-opengov

I notice the site is under CC-BY-SA, but I wasn't clear how the data
was licensed. Is it intended to be under CC-BY-SA? Have you considered
using a legal tool for data, such as the PDDL or the ODbL?

  http://www.opendatacommons.org/licenses/

We've also added several other official datasets from Sweden to CKAN.
It would be great to hear of others we're missing!

  http://ckan.net/tag/read/country-sweden

Best wishes,

--
Jonathan Gray