[okfn-discuss] incubator.okfn.org

John Bywater john.bywater at appropriatesoftware.net
Tue Dec 29 19:05:58 UTC 2009

Hi Jonathan,

 From my experience with TTP Ventures (a venture capital group in
Cambridge), it might be good to establish the incubation process. These
aspects seem unavoidable:

1. Define the scope of the incubator, to discriminate acceptability of
proposed projects.

2. Maintain an inventory, or a register of all projects.

3. Establish offered stages of incubation, the basic project development
services that can be offered to embryonic projects.

4. Establish an investment board and community, to advise and decide on
project proposals, to plan and track investment in each project case,
and to decide on project exits.

5. Establish modes of solicitation of new project proposals.

6. Decide operating period, resource budget, target outcomes, reviews.

Hope that helps!

John.