[okfn-discuss] Cofundos project: Bookmarklet for CKAN?

John Bywater john.bywater at appropriatesoftware.net
Mon Feb 23 13:06:36 UTC 2009

Hi Jon!

Jonathan Gray wrote:
> Not much yet. Still on backburner though. How much do people think
> this might cost to do? (How long would it take?)

Good questions. It may make good sense to collect a number of similar
sized proposals and to estimate the cost of each of them. Then...

> I'd be willing to chip in a bit of cash to get something developed -
> if other people were too! It would be great to have something built
> for Firefox.

...to collect such expressions of benefit and offers of resources, and
use them to encourage others to do similarly to any of the proposals
they judge to present benefits.

We could iterate a fund raising programme by following the operational
cycle for software clubs:
http://appropriatesoftware.net/foundation/docs/OperationalGuideforSoftwareClubs.pdf

We could write a proposal for Open Knowledge Software Club by
cut-n-pasting either:
http://appropriatesoftware.net/foundation/docs/ClubofClubsProposal.pdf
http://appropriatesoftware.net/scanbooker/docs/ScanClubProposal.pdf

You'd make an excellent software club host! ;-)

J.