[okfn-discuss] (fwd) MPIWG Call for Open Access to Digital Images

jonni jemp jonni.jemp at gmail.com
Fri Feb 27 15:12:11 UTC 2009

Jonathan has highlighted  the important bit, given that in the UK and
US discussions about the release of the public domain beyond image
holdings has only recently begun within Museums, and still bears some
form of gatekeeping [as opposed to version-control]:

See: Issues in Conservation Documentation: Digital Formats,
Institutional Priorities, and Public Access, London – Report of a
meeting held under the auspices of the Andrew W. Mellon Foundation at
the British Museum, May 25, 2007.

http://mac.mellon.org/issues-in-conservation-documentation/2007_london_dossier.pdf>
and
http://mac.mellon.org/issues-in-conservation-documentation/issues-in-conservation-documentation/2006_new_york_dossier.pdf