[okfn-discuss] Planning for OKCon 2009

Rufus Pollock rufus.pollock at okfn.org
Tue Jan 20 16:15:45 UTC 2009

2009/1/15 Jonathan Gray <jonathan.gray at okfn.org>:
> If there are no objections - I'd like to suggest that we drop the
> annual theme for OKCon - and circulate a generic CFP.

Just to say, yesterday evening I put together a draft CFP/Announce:

<http://okfn.org/wiki/okcon/2009#DraftAnnounce>

Also inlined below. Comments, suggestions for other specific 'named'
session also welcome.

Subject: OKCon 2009: London, 28th March 2008

# The Open Knowledge Conference (OKCon) 2009
# London School of Economics, London
# 28th March 2008, 1030-1830
# home: <http://www.okfn.org/okcon/>
# cfp: <http://www.okfn.org/wiki/okcon/2009/cfp/>
# last year: <http://www.okfn.org/okcon/2008/>
# wiki: <http://www.okfn.org/wiki/okcon/2009/>

The Open Knowledge Conference (OKCon) is back for its fourth installment
bringing together individuals and groups from across the open knowledge
spectrum for a day of discussions workshops.

This year, with the exception of a dedicated session on openness and
development, the entire programme will be given over to 'Open Space' --
sessions, workshops and discussions proposed either via the CFP (see
below) or  or  as much informal mixing, talking and discussion as
possible and so we're going to be building the

Interested in giving a paper? Have a project to talk about? Want to run
a workshop or session? Either enter your proposal on the wiki (see
above) drop us a line at info [at] okfn [dot] org.

Want to get involved in putting the event together or otherwise helping
out? Contact us at info [at] okfn [dot] org.

Last but not least: we encourage early registration as space is limited:

  <http://www.okfn.org/okcon/register/>