[okfn-discuss] PSI click to CC-BY-SA compatibility

Joseph Seddon joseph.seddon at wikimedia.org.uk
Thu Jul 2 16:47:33 UTC 2009

Heya guys,

This is my first post to the list :) Hope we can have some great successes with WMUK and OKFN working together :)

I wanted to ask whether UK PSI click use content is compatible and easily convertible to a CC-BY-SA license.

One of the directors at Wikimedia UK had a meeting with Richard Stirling from the cabinet office about crown copyright and we are currently lobbying them to ensure that PSI licensed content is useable on wikimedia projects. This particularly revoles around the compatibility with CCBYSA. Not only will this benefit us, but everyone, in and out of the UK.

Joseph Seddon
Director
Wikimedia UK

Email: joseph.seddon at wikimedia.org.uk