[okfn-discuss] Our vision: Why, How and What for the Open Knowledge Foundation

Andy Kaplan-Myrth andy at kaplan-myrth.ca
Tue Jul 14 13:50:41 UTC 2009

Forgive me for asking what may be obvious, but is the Open Knowledge
Foundation actually a "foundation", i.e. with funding, like the
Wikimedia Foundation or the Mozilla Foundation?

If so, then that's a major distinguishing characteristic in the open
data space. If not, then I'd wonder whether its name might lend
confusion about its mission...

Cheers,
Andy

Andy Kaplan-Myrth, M.A., LL.B.