[okfn-discuss] tracking members, subscriptions, volunteers and CiviCRM

John Bywater john.bywater at appropriatesoftware.net
Thu Jun 18 09:56:04 UTC 2009

James Casbon wrote:
> 2009/6/17 Luis Villa <luis.villa at gmail.com>:
>> On Wed, Jun 17, 2009 at 10:03 AM, James Casbon<casbon at gmail.com> wrote:
>>> It's PHP which means OKFN doesn't have AFAIK the skills to customise,
>>> but it looks to have an active development and community which is
>>> encouraging.
>> And has a very good reputation amongst People I Trust who are doing
>> open source non-profits. So thumbs up from here.
>
> Great - good to know others are happy with it.   Thanks, Luis.

Yes, it's also been in development for a good while now.

Regarding analysis, there's a domain model for "clubs" here:
http://appropriatesoftware.net/foundation/ClubTutorial.html

The CiviCRM system is a very good fit. Both have members and
contributions; a CiviCRM Case is a club Issue; Case Type is Service;
Campaign is Prospectus or Proposal, or both.

On the CiviCRM demo, I couldn't configure a new campaign so that members
can pick any number of options rather than just one. Perhaps that's
covered somewhere (the Premiums? :-)). Apparently support for "Appeal"
(and "Fund") is being added for the Wikimedia foundation. Perhaps that's
that same thing.

Best wishes,

John.