[okfn-discuss] Next meeting of Open Textbook Groups - April or May?

Jonathan Gray jonathan.gray at okfn.org
Mon Mar 2 18:26:26 UTC 2009

Hi Judy,

Many thanks for this. Its sounds like an interesting event - and the
OKF would love to be an official 'partner'/co-organiser. I don't think
we'd be able to come in person - but could participate in a virtual
event.

Re: virtual attendees, I suspect IRC channel might be easier, as it
has 'one click' access (via web browser), whereas I assume CCC Confer
requires registration/login? What do you think?

Personally I'd prefer later in the year - i.e. May rather than April -
as I've got a lot going on in the next few months. What does anyone
else think?

Warm regards,

Jonathan

On Fri, Feb 27, 2009 at 10:56 PM, Judy Baker <bakerjudy at foothill.edu> wrote:
> Hi Jonathan:
>
> We want to co-host the Open Textbook meet-up event (focus on metatagging,
> interoperability and repositories) as both virtual and face-to-face.  We
> can cover some travel expenses for attendees in the U.S.
>
> We can use Elluminate (teleconference/whiteboard via CCC Confer) for the
> virtual attendees.  For info about CCC Confer, see
> http://www.cccconfer.org/index3.aspx  Just let me know which would be best
> for most attendees:  Elluminate or OKF IRC channel.
>
> I'll send you some possible dates/times on Monday.  Which is better for
> everyone:  April or May?
>
> --
> Judy Baker
> Dean of Foothill Global Access
> Director of Community College Consortium for Open Educational Resources
>
>> Dear Judy,
>>
>> We'd love to be involved in another open textbook meetup. Will the
>> event be virtual as with the previous meetups? If so, you are of
>> course more than welcome to use the OKF IRC channel for this, if this
>> is helpful. You're also welcome to build on the wiki pages we already
>> have. Perhaps we could have an 'organisations' section, with the CCOTP
>> + OKF logos on it?
>>
>>   http://okfn.org/wiki/opentextbooks
>>
>> I'd be willing to help out, however I can!
>>
>> (I hope you don't mind, I've carbon copied this to the okfn-discuss
>> list - so that other potentially interested parties can see this!)
>>
>> Warm regards,
>>
>> Jonathan
>>
>> On Thu, Feb 26, 2009 at 12:38 AM, Judy Baker <bakerjudy at foothill.edu>
>> wrote:
>>> Hi Jonathan:
>>>
>>> The Community College Open Textbook Project
>>> (http://www.collegeopentextbooks.org)  and California Digital
>>> Marketplace
>>> (http://www.21st-digitalmarketplace.com/index.html) are interested in
>>> hosting a meeting of all those who have participated in your open
>>> textbook
>>> meetings.  In particular, we want to facilitate coordination of