[okfn-discuss] Datahub and CKAN?

Lukasz Szybalski szybalski at gmail.com
Wed Mar 4 05:40:08 UTC 2009

Hello,
As some of you might know I run a project called datahub.

"Datahub is a tool that allows faster download/crawl, parse, load, and
visualize of data. It achieves this by allowing you to divide each
step into its own work folders. In each work folder you get a sample
files that you can start coding."

http://lucasmanual.com/mywiki/DataHub

There were some discussion in collaboration of ckan and datahub. The
main goal as I see datahub right now is to create tools for getting,
parsing, manipulating and possibly visualizing data.  If every project
that is listed here: http://www.ckan.net/package/list had a
corresponding package that I could download, run some command which
would get the data, run another command to parse and load the data,
then data mining would allow us to do so much more without the
overhead of getting,parsing and loading the data.

I'll would like to hear some ideas from you guys on datahub and ckan.

Let me know.

Thanks,
Lucas