[okfn-discuss] Meeting notification: Help Us Free London's Data

Rufus Pollock rufus.pollock at okfn.org
Fri Oct 9 13:10:30 UTC 2009

2009/10/9 CountCulture <countculture at googlemail.com>:
> Thought readers of this list, particularly London-based ones, would be
> interested in an event that the Greater London Authority are holding on
> Oct 24: Help Us Free London's Data:
>
> http://freelondonsdata.eventbrite.com/

This is great -- and quite a coincidence as I had a meeting just a few
days ago with someone at the GLA (not in the data section thought) to
talk about open data at the GLA.

We've now got a London section on the "Where Does My Money Go" data
listing spreadsheet:

<http://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=0Aon3JiuouxLUdFI1a0g2UDJkUnZDMGhsMEllX2FkdGc>

I've also registered the GLA's statistical almanac on CKAN using the
"london" and "greater-london-authority" tag:

<http://www.ckan.net/package/focusonlondon-2009>

[...]

> I'm not involved in the event, but have met with the person organizing
> it, and they seem committed to it, and also seem keen to get the
> licensing right (i.e. properly open for reuse).

That's great to hear, and well done for already getting them to think
about licensing -- it's a simple thing but crucial if you're going to
do open data right.