[okfn-discuss] Following up discussion on "Our vision: Why, How and What for the Open Knowledge Foundation"

Andrius Kulikauskas ms at ms.lt
Mon Oct 12 12:47:26 UTC 2009

Rufus,

I share your "thinking out loud" about the Open Knowledge Foundation's
vision.  I'm likewise working on a vision for our Worknets culture for
independent thinkers:
http://www.worknets.org/wiki.cgi?Charter
http://www.worknets.org/wiki.cgi?Vision
http://www.worknets.org/wiki.cgi?Strategy

I'm interested in:
* organizing an online "help room" (chat room, wiki, mailing lists, and
other interfaces) where people can come for free help on individual
problems, but also where we can organize global teams for commercial work.
* fostering an "economy of dreams" where we help each other achieve our
dreams directly, and resort to paid work secondarily; using art and
other creative works to visualize and integrate our dreams; help each
other deal with emergencies, including personal (health, unemployment,
pension) and societal; linking up with supportive independent thinkers
in the corporate world who might help us get paid work.
* creating open source, Public Domain self-learning materials for
subjects that we think are most relevant for our lives, such as "moral
lessons" for fostering our culture, including the basics of
self-learning and investigating, and constructive skills in math,
computer science, do-it-yourself technology, especially in local and
regional languages.
* nurturing local bases of Worknets culture, seeds of Global Villages,
enjoying those around us who inspire us, creating a world for falling
and love, raising families and embracing others.
* engaging God, investigating how God might reach every single person?
exploring people's values, questions, endeavors, dreams, growth and
working towards a shared Worknets culture.

There are many networks with overlapping interests:
http://www.worknets.org/wiki.cgi?CivilizationNetworks

How do you envisage, how might our networks overlap by sharing
participants, projects, content, software, formats, commercial work?

I'm encouraged by any ways, large or small, that we might work together!

Andrius

Andrius Kulikauskas
Minciu Sodas
http://www.ms.lt