[okfn-discuss] Latest Developments on Open Shakespeare

Rufus Pollock rufus.pollock at okfn.org
Mon Oct 19 15:31:02 UTC 2009

** A regular Open Shakespeare meetup is happening every other Saturday @ 4pm **
    Next one this Saturday, all welcome -
http://wiki.okfn.org/p/Open_Shakespeare

The last six months have seen significant developments on our Open
Shakespeare project, many of which have are reflected on:

<http://www.openshakespeare.org/>

The most major advances are the availability of new HTML and PDF
editions of the texts based on the Public Domain Bosak/Moby edition:

<http://www.openshakespeare.org/resource/view/92> (we're working on
'nicer' urls!)
<http://www.openshakespeare.org/pdf/twelfth_night_moby.pdf>

But we've also made improvements to multiview, cleaned up the web
interface, revamped the domain model (proper Work/Edition/Resource
distinction), and much more!

At the moment, our main effort on the "tech" side is a new
(javascript) annotation system, while on the content side it's
developing an open "critical" edition of the main texts (led by some
English undergrads from Cambridge University). If either of these
interest you please come along to the next meeting.