[okfn-discuss] Where Does My Money Go updates

Rufus Pollock rufus.pollock at okfn.org
Fri Sep 18 08:03:06 UTC 2009

First up some really good news: as a winner of Show Us a Better Way
we've now (finally) received a grant from Government to help us
develop the prototype Where Does My Money Go site.

We've engaged Iconomical to help us with the data visualization and we
**need lots of suggestions and help with finding data and presenting
it in cool ways.**

Second, and highly relevant to this, the Guardian put out its take
couple of days ago:

<http://www.guardian.co.uk/business/interactive/2009/sep/16/public-spending-larry-elliott>
<http://www.guardian.co.uk/news/datablog/2009/sep/16/public-spending-departments-money-cuts>

This is a really nice visualization. I wonder how it gets done (it
looks so neat that I would guess  at least some of it is "by hand").

Data is also really good -- it is stated to be IFS (looks to be PESA
plus consolidation of supplementary budget estimates). I've added it
to our data summary page for WDMMG:

<http://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=tR5kH6P2dRvC0hl0Ie_adtg>