[okfn-discuss] The 'open' in Linked Open Data

Rufus Pollock rufus.pollock at okfn.org
Thu Apr 15 18:12:04 UTC 2010

On 14 April 2010 18:14, Stefano Costa <stefano.costa at okfn.org> wrote:
> Il giorno mer, 14/04/2010 alle 18.44 +0200, Jonathan Gray ha scritto:
>> Thanks for this Tom! ;-)
>>
>> Perhaps we can discuss this a bit more at OKCon -- and figure out how
>> we can continue to promote legal openness (as well as technical
>> openness and access to / the availability of data) in the LOD/semantic
>> web communities...
>
> A point that could maybe help in advocating openness: how many of the
> LOD datasets <http://richard.cyganiak.de/2007/10/lod/> are available
> under an OKD-compliant license?

I completely agree this would be an interesting thing to do. I've
created this ticket in the incubator/ideas section:

http://knowledgeforge.net/okfn/tasks/ticket/315 (Link linking open
data cloud with ckan lod packages and show openness)

I think it would be really nice to "colour" in the LOD clouds with
info on their actual openness (I wonder if anyone out there has
already done anything like this ...)

Rufus

[...]