[okfn-discuss] Fwd: 200k fund for products using data.gov.uk

Jonathan Gray jonathan.gray at okfn.org
Tue Feb 9 17:35:14 UTC 2010

FYI

---------- Forwarded message ----------

Hi all.

Apologies in advance if this is me misusing the list, but if you've
not clocked this already, Channel 4's 4iP digital innovation fund has
teamed up with Facebook and have up to £200k to fund suitable 4iP
projects using data from http://data.gov.uk or
http://data.london.gov.uk/.

More info here:
http://www.4ip.org.uk/blog/post/facebook_link_up_with_4_the_people/

If you're interested then here's what we're looking for:

- Ideas must cause trouble (in a good way) and inspire change.
- We're looking for ideas that have potential for high impact. They
must appeal to the mainstream not just to special interest groups.
- Ideas must be sustainable, preferably financially sustainable.  We
think the best vessel for your product is a business, though groups of
volunteers can also work a la wikipedia. We can help with some of the
thinking, but you must have the ambition.
- Ideas must use at least one of the data sources or content from
data.gov.uk or the London Datastore
- This funding is only available to companies / individuals based in
the UK (or willing to move to the UK)

Submit your ideas through http://4ip.org.uk/submit before 28th Feb.

Apologies if this kind of email breaks any list rules, I just figured
here be the talent.

All the usuals
-Tom

--