[okfn-discuss] Is It Open launch and demo

John Bywater john.bywater at appropriatesoftware.net
Sat Feb 20 18:03:22 UTC 2010

Peter Murray-Rust wrote:
> I'm demoinig in 150 minutes. I have shots of valid pages but obviously would
> prefer to use the live ones.

Just do it with the ones you know work. ?

It'll just be a presentation error, something to do with the parsed
response I guess. So just avoid the ones that are problematic?

I'd start by providing a general description (inspect enquiries; make
new enquiry) then show an enquiry that has a response. Then login and
show how a new enquiry is started. That might be enough? You could
labour through the process by sending an enquiry to yourself, then
waiting, then replying, then waiting a bit more, then you'll be able to
show another enquiry with a response (but that would be a bit
repetitive, and everybody knows email works, so why bother?).

You could instead extend the demo by logging out, then starting an
enquiry, the being interrupted to login, then logging in, at which point
you can continue with the enquiry that was started. You could extend
still further by logging out, then starting an enquiry, and then
creating a new account, confirming email address, and then continuing
the enquiry. But you'd need an unregistered email account for that.

Whatever you demo, make sure you tested it just before. ;-)

Good luck!

J.