[okfn-discuss] New O'Reilly "Open Government" book

Luis Villa luis.villa at gmail.com
Tue Feb 23 18:12:12 UTC 2010

$45? Youch. I'll wait ;)

Or better:

> - Beth Simone Noveck, U.S. Deputy Chief Technology Officer for open
> government, "The Single Point of Failure"

Can't find this online, but presumably based on
http://books.google.com/books?id=bmSmcDo3kPoC&pg=PA25&lpg=PA25&dq=noveck+%22single+point+of+failure%22&source=bl&ots=lvut3Z-GMh&sig=uQNsr3edj6pyi136SLyJ0ssh8Vc&hl=en&ei=ABmES8C9CoTysgOUr4G3Dw&sa=X&oi=book_result&ct=result&resnum=2&ved=0CAkQ6AEwAQ#v=onepage&q=&f=false

Presumably based on: http://www.stlr.org/volumes/volume-ix-2007-2008/brito/

Presumably based on: http://www.aaronsw.com/weblog/usefultransparency

Available through http://www.scribd.com/doc/20403555/Open-Government-Excerpt

Presumably based on http://boingboing.net/2009/12/14/malamuds-by-the-peop.html

> - Douglas Schuler, president of the Public Sphere Project, "Online
> Deliberation and Civic Intelligence"

Probably related to: http://digitaltransformationschool.org/wiki/Doug_Schuler/

I could probably go on, but I've got work to do; if someone could go
through the rest of the ToC and continue this work, I bet it would
make a great reading list :)

Luis