[okfn-discuss] Major upgrade of ckan.net

Rufus Pollock rufus.pollock at okfn.org
Wed Jan 13 18:11:00 UTC 2010

Dear All,

We've just done a major upgrade of http://www.ckan.net/ to the latest
version of the ckan code! We attempt to test thoroughly before
deploying to the production site but bugs can always creep in, so if
you discover a glitch please do let us know.

New features you may notice:

  * Overhaul of the user interface overhaul to improve look and usability
  * Package resources ("download urls"): multiple per package and with
associated metadata

We'd love to have some feedback on the new package view, e.g.:

  <http://www.ckan.net/package/osm>

and the package listing view, e.g.:

  <http://www.ckan.net/package/list>

In particular we still feel the "iconography", especially that for
openness (the open/shut door), leave something to be desired, and we'd
welcome any suggestions on this score.