[okfn-discuss] [okfn-coord] question from the Twitter gallery about Open Data Grid

Schuyler Erle schuyler at nocat.net
Mon Oct 4 14:43:16 UTC 2010

>>> I think investigating these other alternatives would be a better use
>>> of people's time right now [than any more work on/with Tahoe].

What is wrong with using Tahoe-LAFS for OKF's purposes, out of curiosity? I pored over the relevant wiki pages, and found no account of what became of the existing pilot, nor why it was discontinued. The lead developer of Tahoe-LAFS works at SimpleGeo, and (obviously) advocates for it pretty strongly.

My ulterior interest in this project, of coursem is that the OpenAerialMap project is going to need some amount of distributed, scalable, eventually consistent blahblahblah as well. Obviously, our objectives are nearly identical to those of the OKFN Data Grid.

SDE