[okfn-discuss] Encouraging the use of environmental data

Dashamir Hoxha dashohoxha at gmail.com
Sun Apr 17 20:28:05 UTC 2011

Hi Ethan,

Maybe you can organize a competition about interesting and useful ideas
related to these matters. You can also offer one or more prizes for
the winner(s). However, in order to participate in such
a competition/lottery, one of the requirements should be to notify
others about it. This can be done by requesting to publish it
on Facebook or tweeter, to give at least two valid email addresses
of other people, etc.

I did not come up with this idea myself, but it just happened
that today I registered myself for participating in this lottery:
http://www.makeuseof.com/tag/makeuseof-giving-ipad-2-again/

Then the collected ideas can be registered in some kind of
idea database, for further discussing, elaborating and evaluating,
like this one:
http://www.creativitypool.com/free_ideas.php
IdeaTorrent can be used as well:
http://www.ideatorrent.org/
Maybe there are any other sites or tools for registering ideas,
discussing, promoting them and fostering innovation.

If you think and discuss about these further, maybe you can work out
all the details and come up with a nice and polished action plan.

Regards,
Dashamir