[okfn-discuss] Geolocator

Rufus Pollock rufus.pollock at okfn.org
Fri Apr 22 17:03:19 UTC 2011

On 22 April 2011 17:35, Peter Murray-Rust <pm286 at cam.ac.uk> wrote:
[...]
>> This will be really cool once we get it looking good, so please feel
>> free to contact me if you have any questions!
>
> Is the idea that members add their geolocations to their pages and the
> software trawls the pages to update the map? Or that people have to annotate
> the map?

No you just update your location in your profile (it will take some
time to update as we don't run live - we have to extract and
geolocate). I should also note there is an issue where multiple people
geolocate to exact same long/lat (e.g. if two people have Cambridge,
UK as their location). As I said this is a rough and ready first pass
:-)