[okfn-discuss] OKF Community Roles - From Graphic Design to Data Editors - We want *you*!

Lucy Chambers lucy.chambers at okfn.org
Tue Apr 26 15:37:19 UTC 2011

Hello, hello!

As the OKF community grows so rapidly - we have a huge range of
talents and expertise in our network which it would be fantastic to
make use of!

We are currently looking for enthusiastic members of the community to
fill the following roles. Enthusiasm is far more important than
experience! Many of the positions could have as little as an hour's
commitment a week (at a time to suit you) and it may even be possible
to share roles.

Please do not hesitate to get in touch if you would be interested in
volunteering for one of the roles! I am also interested in hearing
from you if you have any other suggestions for roles in the community!

The list can be found here:
<http://wiki.okfn.org/Community_Roles#Unappointed_Roles> and I have
pasted the current roles below for your convenience.

Lucy

- COMMUNITY ROLES -

1) ** Website Manager on Duty (okfn.org) **
Time commitment = <1 hr week - more if you like!
* Regularly checks website for spam and other problems
* Suggests improvements for the site

2) ** Wiki Curator (One person per wiki) **
Time commitment = <1 hr week, more if you like!
* Regularly checks website for spam and other problems
* Makes sure contacts, links and project updates are kept up to date.
* Suggests improvements to the site

3) ** Graphic Designer **
Time commitment = Various - take on as many or as few tasks as you like!
We regularly have projects which require artistic input. We are
currently looking for people to:
* Create project logos (100 pixels x 100 pixels) - for projects at
OKFN Projects. Many of these are still using clipart as their main
image, please get in touch if you have an idea for one or would like
to create one!
* Create achievement badges (100 pixels x 100 pixels) to describe OKFN
Achievements. These are basically badges which allow people to quickly
identify people's type and level of involvement in the OKF.
Equally - if you find some other areas of any of our sites that you
feel could do with some artistic input - get in touch! We will happily
discuss this with you!

4) Contributing Blogger
Time commitment = Various - take on as many or as few tasks as you like!
* Writes blog posts - either regularly or one-off for the OKFN Blog

5) Get the Data Editor
Time commitment = Depends on number of questions posted but very
manageable and could be shared!
* Finds unanswered questions on http://getthedata.org/
Then
* (If possible) - offers answers to particular questions
* (Otherwise) Makes sure questions are as clearly worded and tagged as
clearly as possible. This makes it as likely as possible that people
find the questions and answers they are looking for. You can directly
edit the question (for example: making sure hyperlinks are clickable
by adding punctuation <...>) or comment on the query asking the user
to provide more information.
* If they know someone who may be able to answer the question - puts
them in touch!
* Rates answers showing which ones are useful and which are not.
* Tries to close questions when they are answered.

--
Lucy Chambers
Community Coordinator