[okfn-discuss] [open-science] SPARC author addendum uses CC-NC licence and now all hybrid publishers have followed

philippe.aigrain at sopinspace.com philippe.aigrain at sopinspace.com
Sun Dec 11 13:25:04 UTC 2011

Dear all,

Just a point of notice. In the case of hybrid publishing between OA and
paper versions, and in particular for OA monographs, it is perfectly
understandable that licenses forbid commercial exploitation of paper
versions. Unfortunately the CC licenses do not allow provisions such as
commercial use permitted for electronic versions and reserved for paper
versions. One should find a workaround this.

Best,

Philippe