[okfn-discuss] [open-science] SPARC author addendum uses CC-NC licence and now all hybrid publishers have followed

Sridhar Gutam gutam2000 at gmail.com
Mon Dec 12 04:34:35 UTC 2011

Hi All,

I am giving my quick comments/suggestions on the subject... shall we ask
the author to choose his own terms of license as per his/her institution
requirement?

I am sorry I have not gone thru the discussion... I shall be doing the same
now..

as the author addendum is only a format... while educating the authors
about various licenses, if the format allows the author to choose the best
license, it would be better...

what others may say?

Thanks & Regards
Sridhar
Sridhar Gutam PhD, ARS, PG Dip Patent Laws (NALSAR), IP & Biotechnology
(WIPO)
Senior Scientist (Plant Physiology) & Joint Secretary, ARSSF
Central Institute for Subtropical Horticulture (CISH)
Rehmankhera, P.O.Kakori, Lucknow 227107, Uttar Pradesh, India
Fax: +91-522-2841025, Phone: +91-522-2841022/23/24; Mobile:+91-9005760036

CISH http://www.cishlko.org
ARSSF http://www.arssf.co.nr
My site http://www.gutam.co.nr
My Publications http://works.bepress.com/sridhar_gutam/