[okfn-discuss] OKCon 2012 - date and place already fixed?

Everton Zanella Alvarenga everton137 at gmail.com
Tue Dec 13 14:28:45 UTC 2011

A curiosity, how is the selection process of the cities that host a
Open Knowledge Conference?

I've participated of the last three Wikimanias organized by volunteers
from Wikimedia Foundation projects

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikimania
http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikimania

and there is a process of submiting cities, proposing projects and so on.

Since in Brazil we are planning to organize a Wikimania in 2015
(between World Cup and Olympic Games), I was just wondering after
reading this thread... :)

Tom