[okfn-discuss] Are there sites/people providing Open music recordings

Ben O'Steen bosteen at gmail.com
Thu Dec 22 15:13:08 UTC 2011

Magnatune or Jamendo are hubs for 'non-evil' - jamendo in particular used
to bill itself as being cc-music focussed, iirc.

There are other ways to find this sort of music, but it is more hit and
miss: bandcamp and soundcloud do have cc licenced content, but its not
quite as easy to find.

Steve Lawson (@solobasssteve) does use very lenient licences on his own
music in bandcamp, and blogs about this very topic quite a lot, so would be
a good person to help googling/look-ups.

(I am out emailing via my phone so getting urls into text is problematic
atm)

Ben