[okfn-discuss] OKCon 2011: Call for Participation

Daniel Dietrich daniel.dietrich at okfn.org
Wed Feb 9 12:37:17 UTC 2011

Dear all,

thanks to the input of many of you we finalised the Announcement and Call for Participation for the Open Knowledge Conference (OKCon) 2011.

Topic areas

We welcome proposals on any aspect of creating, publishing or reusing content or data that is open in accordance with http://opendefinition.org.
Topics include but are not limited to:

Open Science and Open Data in Academic Research
	• Open license models for scientific data, adaption of licenses for special domain requirements
	• Supporting scientific workflows with open knowledge models
	• Open models for scientific innovation, for funding and for publication (‘open-access’)
	• Tools for analysing and visualizing open data

Open Law, Society and Democracy
	• Open licensing, legal tools and the Public Domain
	• Open government data and content (public sector information)
	• Open knowledge and international development
	• Opening up access to the law and lawmaking processes

Open Technologies
	• Semantic Web and Linked Data in relation to open knowledge
	• Infrastructure, platforms, methods and tools for creating, sharing and curating open knowledge
	• Light-weight, adaptive interaction models
	• Open, decentralized social network applications
	• Open geospatial data

Open Culture, Education and Commons Research
	• Open educational tools and resources, open textbooks
	• Public Domain digitisation initiatives
	• Incentives and rewards for open-knowledge contributors
	• P2P production and sustainability models for open content
	• Governance of the knowledge commons

How To Participate

OKCon 2011 will have several formats and ways in which you can participate:

	• presentation sessions
	• lightning talks
	• hands on workshops
	• open space
	• exhibition spaces
	• open design and fablab
	• hackspace

We are especially interested, if you want to organize a an event within the topic areas of the CFP. You are more than welcome to propose additional formats and topics. If you would like to organise, participate or have a proposal of another format please submit your ideas and proposals here:http://okcon.org/2011/submit/

OKCon also has an academic stream and will publish proceedings. To make a submission for the presentation session and proceedings please visit:https://www.easychair.org/conferences/?conf=okcon2011

For more details see Announcement and Call for Participation:
http://okcon.org/2011/cfp/

Also: registration is open! Book your early bird ticket today ;)
http://okcon2011.eventbrite.com/

If you think we have missed something please let us know.

Kind regards
Daniel

--
Daniel Dietrich