[okfn-discuss] Promoting the Public Domain Review?

Jessy Kate jessy.cowansharp at gmail.com
Mon Feb 28 21:45:33 UTC 2011

I found the name misleading, and until I loaded the page assumed it had to
do with reviewing *options* for making works public domain, and thus had not
visited the site till now.

Now i see it's not that, and it's also really neat!

IMHO I would change the name: "The chronicle of public domain"? "Public
domain chronicle "?
"Chronicle of public works"?

Also, if the goal is to demonstrate the value of works being public domain,
then in addition to commentary (which is available on plenty of non-PD work)
it would be great to have a remix section each week for derivative works.

-- Sent from my phone

http://publicdomainreview.okfn.org/2011/02/22/lewis-carroll-and-the-hunting-of-the-snark/

http://publicdomainreview.okfn.org/2011/02/14/the-snowflake-man-of-vermont/

http://publicdomainreview.okfn.org/2011/01/31/christopher-smarts-jubilate-agno/