[okfn-discuss] Open Literature

James Harriman-Smith open-shakespeare at okfn.org
Tue Jul 5 08:53:41 UTC 2011

Dear All,

I've just come to work for the OKF after working on and off for Open
Shakespeare over the last two years, and I thought I'd send an email out
describing what I'll be doing and issuing a few calls for participation.

Mainly, my work will be on expanding Open Shakespeare towards Open
Literature (open-literature at lists.okfn.org). Some of the things that  I
would like to do, and would love people's help on include:

- Building an open literature welcome page to redirect people to Open
Shakespeare, Open Milton, (and perhaps Open [other authors]), Open
Correspondence, etc. to increase traffic for all the groups.

- Adding features (suggested by Rufus in incubator) to Open Literature:
create personal anthologies, browse in various formats.

- Sourcing translations of Shakespeare to augment Open Shakespeare (is there
a German equivalent of http://gallica.bnf.fr/ for example?)

Do let me know what you think of this, and if you have any more ideas,

James