[okfn-discuss] OKFN-meetup / travellers list/service/dashboard idea

Dashamir Hoxha dashohoxha at gmail.com
Fri Jul 15 22:48:54 UTC 2011

On 07/15/2011 03:42 PM, Mr. Puneet Kishor wrote:
> An off-topic appreciation: it takes a lot of effort and time to build a community. It is really heartening to see the effort that you, and others at OKFN, are putting in toward this deep belief of openness. Thanks for your perseverance.

Off-topic as well:

Probably belief is not enough to make things happen.
Maybe tools, protocols etc. are needed.

For example the idea of sharing documents might have
been good, but without the HTTP protocol, the HTML,
the web server, the web browser, etc. the WWW would
not come into being.

It should be similar for data sharing. A scientific
and engineering approach might be better than a holistic
approach.

So, are there any white papers that discuss the issues
of data sharing? Are there any tools, protocols, etc.
that can be used? If you don't present such options,
than just meeting and cheering up for open data is of
no use (in my opinion).

Cheers,
Dashamir

--
Dashamir Hoxha
GPG: 4F97 4EDE C739 4C3D 361E 16D3 FD06 AA8E 55D5 9B28