[okfn-discuss] OKFN-meetup / travellers list/service/dashboard idea

Jonathan Gray jonathan.gray at okfn.org
Sat Jul 16 10:28:54 UTC 2011

Great idea Lucy. Perhaps one thing we could do is have a regular
round-up of groups, lists, meetups and initiatives? Like a digest of
'open knowledge community bulletin'? E.g. a monthly post on
blog.okfn.org + okfn-discuss with:

  * an overview of local chapters / groups / lists + planned activities
  * a list of upcoming open knowledge / open content / open data related events
  * an overview of OKF working groups and planned (online) meetups and events

At first this would probably require a fair degree of effort, but if
it was useful to people then it might get easier. Having the OKF
community actively scouting these things out would help.

For now I guess okfn-discuss is the main channel for 'hey who's in
country X?' type shout outs, and everyone at the OKF can help out in
introducing people to people. We should also have a better overview of
OKF regional lists, which I think Kat is working on? I don't know if
country/city groups might also help, e.g.:
http://okfn.org/groups/open-knowledge-london/

J.