[okfn-discuss] Nice mention from the Wikimedia Foundation on open science

Tim McNamara tim.mcnamara at okfn.org
Thu Jul 21 07:23:09 UTC 2011

"The open science movement is fighting to make scientific research –
especially publicly funded research – more transparent, freely
accessible and reusable. The goals of open science are closely aligned
with our mission, yet for years there has been little institutional
contact between our movement and initiatives such as Open Access and
Open Data. Joining forces with individuals and organizations who are
working to promote a culture of openness in the scientific community
should be high on our agenda."

You can see OKFN's role towards the end of the article

http://blog.wikimedia.org/2011/07/20/joining-forces-with-open-science/