[okfn-discuss] New Community Coordinator Introduction!

Kaitlyn (Kat) Braybrooke kat.braybrooke at okfn.org
Mon Jun 13 19:11:00 UTC 2011

Hi OKFN folk - Kat here - wanted to introduce myself and say hello!

I'm coming on to the core team as a Community Coordinator and will be
focusing on Working Group community, editing the blog, doing design and
helping build OKFN's London presence. I'm excited to be working for such a
cool org!

As far as what I'm all about, I'm a Canadian (from Vancouver), grew up in
Las Vegas (yes, I'm serious) and have a background in community activism,
politics and online journalism. I'm also in the process of writing an
ethnographic dissertation about female open source hackers and coders (
http://shehackers.kaibray.com) for the Digital Anthropology MSc at
University College London. When I'm not doing all that, I'm usually sharing
weird stuff on Twitter (say hi @kat_braybrooke), talking about sci-fi or
sniffing out electronic/ambient/drone shows. Good times.

That's it for now - in the meantime, am looking forward to meeting those of
you I haven't met yet at OKcon :)

x Kat
| Kat Braybrooke*
*| Community Coordinator