[okfn-discuss] Benefit and arguments for open gov data in small local governments

Martin Kaltenböck m.kaltenboeck at semantic-web.at
Tue Jun 21 11:15:05 UTC 2011

Hi all,

in the course the OGD2011 conference last week in Vienna, Austria (see: http://www.ogd2011.at)
we had a discussion about:

- what are the main benefits of / arguments for open (government) data in (very) small local governments (small town, village, small municipality)

Anyone having good arguments for this?
We do have about ~ 3.700 municipalities in Austria - and most of them are very, very small
So we are collecting arguments & benefits for open data to convince them...

Many thanks for input on this!!

Cheers - martin

--
| Martin Kaltenböck, CMC
| Managing Director - Semantic Web Company (SWC)
| Lerchenfelder Guertel 43, A - 1160 Vienna, Austria
| Tel +43.1.402 12 35 - 25 | Fax +43.1.402 12 35 - 22

COMPANY INFORMATION
| http://www.semantic-web.at
| http://blog.semantic-web.at
| http://www.ogd2011.at